Proper dance attire is required for all dance classes.
- Ballet: Ballet students will need a black leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. Hair needs to be secured back in a bun.
- Mini Program: Dance dresses, leotards, and skirts of any color are accepted. Tights are recommended, but are optional. Hair needs to be secured back and out of dancer’s face by headbands, barrettes, or pony binders.
- Tap/Jazz/Lyrical/Turns & Leaps: Dancewear such as leggings, bike shorts, bra tops, form-fitting t-shirts are required. No street shoes or clothing allowed! This is extremely important in order to allow the teachers to see correct alignment, which is crucial to proper dance technique
- Hip Hop: Loose fitting tops and bottoms are acceptable, such as sweatpants and t-shirts. Attire should not restrict movement in any way.
Shoes are available in our Spotlight dance store at competitive prices, this will ensure you are getting the correct shoe for your class and a proper fit. Any student participating in our annual recitals must have the proper shoe style and color. No Exceptions! Shoe orders are placed on a weekly basis. In order to return or exchange shoes, they cannot be worn – meaning no scuffs, scratches, or marks of any kind and must be in their original box. Special order shoes may not be returned.
- Ballet Classes: Sansha Ballet $24.00
- Mini Program: Strappy Tap (Tan) $24.00 and Pink Ballets $18.00
- Tap I, II and III Classes: Strappy Tap (Tan) $24.00
- Jazz I, II, III Lyrical II and III, Technique Classes: Tan Capezio Freeform Shoes $37.00
- Hip Hop Classes: Tennis shoes without black soles – these should be designated for dance class only. This will prevent sand and water getting on dance floors. Once recital costumes have been picked out, students will be directed to hip hop shoes needing to be purchased.
Regular attendance is required for all dance classes. This is extremely important as classes progress in knowledge and skill on a weekly basis. A student is responsible for their entire monthly tuition regardless of how many classes are missed. No refunds will be given for missed classes.
Monthly tuition includes up to 2 weather related cancellations. If more than 2 lessons are cancelled, make-up classes will be scheduled.
Five students are needed in order to hold a class at the start of each dance session. Registration fee and tuition paid will be refunded if only 4 or less students enroll in a particular class.
When registering for classes at the start of each dance session, your first month’s tuition and registration fee are due. This will ensure your enrollment in a particular class.
Please notify the studio in writing if your student will not longer be attending classes at Spotlight. Students are responsible for accounts to be in good standings for all classes they attended and/or costumes order for that student. Spotlight reserves the right to withhold any refunds if a student’s account is past due.
Monthly tuition is due the first week of each month. Tuition is based on an average of 4 lessons per month, but is always the same whether there are 2, 3, 4, or 5 lessons in a month.
There is a $20.00 registration fee per student at the beginning of each fall session. This helps offset the cost of studio insurance and music licensing, which is based on studio enrollment size.
A $20.00 fee will be assessed for all returned checks
A 5% discount is available when the fall year’s tuition is paid in full by September 30th of each year
Family discount: Third child pays ½ monthly tuition; fourth child is free!
Spotlight Productions Dance Studio accepts Visa, MasterCard, personal checks, and cash.
Costume Payments: All costume payments are due by December 1st. The studio makes all efforts to keep these costs down, but please understand that we have no control over rising costume prices, handling fees, and shipping charges. An average non-competition costume prices is between $40-$85 per costume.
**New: Non-competition classes have the option of paying an extra $15.00 per month towards their costume expenses. If, by December 1st, you have overpaid the amount owed for your costume(s), this over payment will be applied to January’s tuition. If the amount paid towards costumes does not cover the actual cost, the balance will be due by December 1st
For one month paid tuition, refunds will be given for remainder of classes left in the current month.
Paying for the year in full, refunds will be given by:
Adding the number of months attended at price before discount, subtracting that amount from amount paid with discount and remaining balance will be given back.
Registration fees will not be refunded